08 November, 2011

The Performance

I performed my piece today. I was more prepared than I anticipated but it still wasn't up to my perfectionist's taste. I was incredibly nervous; I haven't been that nervous in a long time. Even though I had prepared it to the best I could, it wasn't good enough for me. I felt so ashamed afterwards, I didn't even want to look anyone in the eye.

I got over this feeling, thankfully. Went about my merry way and did some work and when it got to practicing again, I only wanted to play classical even though my major is jazz. I warmed up again, played my 3 octave scales and then pulled out the Vivaldi I had just performed. Guess what happened?

I played it better.

It's mildly aggravating and I'm still kind of boiling over it but it's for the better because I finally got some good criticism on the parts that needed it and I now have the next two movements to work on. The work carries on.

No comments:

Post a Comment